SSH daemon doesn't accept incoming connections

Hello,

I'm experiencing fairly weird issue when my linux box (running
Debian 4.0 powerpc) with the SSH server (SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.3p2
Debian-9) has stopped accepting incoming connections from a moment of
time without any obvious reason.

Any attempts to establish a connection fail before I'm being asked
for password.

Below is the verbose log of the failed session:

> OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007
> debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
> debug1: Applying options for *
> debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
> debug1: Connecting to epsmu.com [87.240.24.60] port 22.
> debug1: Connection established.
> debug1: identity file /home/kuvkir/.ssh/identity type -1
> debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /home/kuvkir/.ssh/id_rsa.
> debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----BEGIN'
> debug3: key_read: missing keytype
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----END'
> debug3: key_read: missing keytype
> debug1: identity file /home/kuvkir/.ssh/id_rsa type 1
> debug1: identity file /home/kuvkir/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
> debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9
> debug1: match: OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9 pat OpenSSH*
> debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
> debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.3p2 Debian-9
> debug2: fd 3 setting O_NONBLOCK
> debug1: An invalid name was supplied
> Configuration file does not specify default realm
>
> debug1: An invalid name was supplied
> A parameter was malformed
> Validation error
>
> debug1: An invalid name was supplied
> Configuration file does not specify default realm
>
> debug1: An invalid name was supplied
> A parameter was malformed
> Validation error
>
> debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
> Connection closed by 87.240.24.60

The problem still shows up even when I'm trying to connect to the server
locally by "ssh localhost".

The weird part is that all already established SSH connections to this
server work fine. Even the SSHFS mounted directory is still available.

I've been seeing this problem for the second time. The first time I did
reboot the server and it has helped.

I have googled for the similar issues but with no luck.

I can provide server configs if it makes sense.

thanks,
kuvkir

P.S. I'm not subscibed, so please keep me on cc.