Re: Looking for Suggestions for a Headless Music-Client Setup

On Tuesday 01 May 2007 18:20, Greg Folkert wrote:

> For me, if I want to "log in from a graphical screen" on a headless
> machine. I use a gdm setup and xorg using the dummy xserver. I then
> enable XDMCP. On linux (since I use gdm to manage my displays
> typically), I use "gdmflexiserver -n" which starts it in xnest mode.

Thanks, for the suggestions!  Unfortunately I haven't gotten it to work yet.

what do you mean with "I use gdmflexiserver -n".  When I enable XDMCP and
connect from a remote machine I get an empty X-Server desktop (with the
X-mouse).  I'm sorry, but this is all new to me.

I don't need anything fancy, a primitive first approach was to setup an
autologin from kdm, then run X11vnc from a sript so that I could connect from
a remote computer.  It would work if I kept everything plugged in, but I'd
like to just put the box an a shelf and run it from a laptop or whatever.

Chris

--
C. Hurschler