Re: OT - Dilbert on the ethics of e-mail etiquette

* Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> [2007 May 10 12:00 -0500]:
> On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 09:46 -0400, Manaen Schlabach wrote:
> > On 5/10/07, Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
> > > Almost as bad is when people top post their replies.  Did these people
> > > utterly fail in grade school, or are they deliberately ignoring the flow of
> > > language?
> > >
> > Their MS outlook defaults to top posting...therefore it must be ok.
> > Microsoft said so =_)
>
> Firsts in top posting, that I know of:
>
>         The first M$ program was MS-MAIL.
>
>         The first I know about was SYSM.
>
> Anyone else care to comment?

$DIETY help you if you ever decide to format an email correctly in
Lotus Notes.  It is fiercely top post oriented.  I so enjoy scrolling
up and down to read a multiple forwarded and replied to mail in
context.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of