Re: swap

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 11:45:20AM -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

[Andrew, in my mutt I hit L to reply to the list, but if you're the
author of the post I'm replying to, it sets a cc to reply to you.  Is
this intentional on your part?  It doesn't happen with anyone else.
I'll leave the cc in just this once; let me know.  Doug. ]

> is xfce4-panel running? what happens if you start it from a terminal?

Thank you.

It ran from a terminal.  Exit xfce and restart and no panel.

Choose run program, enter efce4-panel, get a panel.  Check settings,
session manager:
	Somehow after the upgrade, the 'save session on logout' checkbox
	was unchecked.  Checked it, and now I have my panel back.

Now we'll see how well it tolerates switching to a VT and back.  The
panel used to go blank and the window manager to stop accepting input.
The apps themselves (e.g. KDE via ssh) continued to function.

Time will tell.

Thanks again,

Doug.