Re: [OT] Good, evil and religion [WAS] Re: A way to compile 3rd party modules into deb system?

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 09:12:05 -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 12:49:41PM +0200, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > > [snip]

> > > Except for that part where a circle is defined to be 3x the diameter...
> >
> > I seem to remember that there are also a fair number of contradictions
> > and race conditions between various parts of it.
> >
> Please point one out.

It always struck me as odd that the gospels could not agree on whether
Josef and Maria had to go Bethlehem for a census or if they had been
living there already. Also, to my knowledge, the census story is
inconsistent with historical facts. If I remember correctly it was
important that the messiah had been born in Bethlehem and was a
descendent of David if you wanted to have any hope of convincing Jews to
accept him. Looks a bit like people tried to fit the story to that and
forgot to check their versions with each other, or not?

(I am currently in a hotel with a time-limited internet connection and
 it will run out in a few minutes. Therefore I cannot provide the actual
 citations right now. I will be back online on Friday, but by then this
 thread will probably have gone to hell anyway.)

          Florian   |