Re: Closed Ports problem

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 08:32:32AM -0300, Lucas Prado Melo wrote:
> I have at least tried to turn off my proxy and the same thing
> happens... Wesnoth can't find the main server, aMsn and Gaim try to
> connect but always fail...
> Google earth works... So I guess this is not related to proxy... and
> maybe not related to ports...

we really need some better information from you on this.

Have you installed and configured a firewall? Thats the first/most
likely thing to interupt these services.

you claimed originally that the problem occurred when you set up a
proxy, how diod you set up the proxy. Are you sure you've set it up
correctly and are you sure you've turned it back off?