francine: unable to login

There comes a neat little proggie since I think Sarge called francine
which is a console login program or wrapper displaying a nice debian
logo and prompt for login and password like.

I was overwhelmed when I discovered it thinking it will be so nice to
show it to my friends, then. Running normally, the program accepts the
user and password and logs you in. But if run thru inittab using
rungetty (as is suggested in the man page), whatever username I login
as, it tells me to go away. The usual failed message that it gives if
you just hit enter without a user/pass.

It had this behaviour since the first time I discovered it and it's
been like more than 2 years now. May be even 4.

I don't know if the problem is with francine or with rungetty but if
either has the problem, they shouldn't be included in stable then,
isn't it?

Any solution to the above problem anyone

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.