Re: [Etch] pppoe problem - unable to ping or lookup

On 5/5/07, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 05:12:25PM +0530, Deboo ^ wrote:
> Also note that I tried pinging remote ip addresses (like google.com's
> and yahoo.com's) and was unable to get any response.

is that by ip address or by name?

Well it should be clear from my mail below that  I pinged their ip
addresses, isn't it?

BTW,  I saw the problem. As soon as I connect, pppoeconf sets the
nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf ... after a few seconds or in a min
uet, those ip addresses vanish and get replaced by the ip 192.168.0.1.

I re ran the pppoeconf and gave it the option not to update my
resolv.conf but still this happened time and again.

Now I changed the mode of the /etc/resolv.conf to not writable by even
root and made it unmutable and still it's hapenning. Who is changing
the nameserver to 192.168.0.1 and how?

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.