Installing wacom-kernel-source on Etch: /var/lib/dpkg/info/wacom-kernel-source.postinst: line 49: [: too many arguments

Hi all,
I've been browsing around, but I couldn't find anything related to this.
I have been trying to install the wacom-kernel-source package on Etch, but it fails with the following error:

Setting up wacom-kernel-source (0.7.4.1-5) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/wacom-kernel-source.postinst: line 49: [: too many arguments
Warning: kernel headers don't match running Linux version.
Building wacom modules for Linux _CODE 13262 (this may take a few minutes)...dpkg: error processing wacom-kernel-source (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
wacom-kernel-source

I firstly thought there was an issue with my kernel headers, but I noticed I had the correct ones installed, and then noticed that the actual error was in /var/lib/dpkg/info/wacom-kernel-source.postinst: line 49.

Now I am not so experienced, and I don't know exactly what to do, I don't even know whether this is a bug. I am also very puzzled by the contents of line 49:

[ $kvers = `uname -r` ] || echo "Warning: kernel headers don't match running $kernel version."
which seems to output of the warning message I get during the installation.

Thanks a lot for your time.