Re: Off Topic - Open source flash support not looking too hopeless?

> I see your point, the reason I am shocked is that Flash is not a web
> standard as such verified by the Web Consortium but has become a de facto
> standard as people rush to put stupid animations and graphics on their
> websites.  I agree with the Captalism comment to.  The reason I use Debian
> is almost exclusively for ideological reasons.  I am on the side of RMS
> and the FSF in general and Debian is not a commercially produced operating
> system.  The only sad thing is having to use the proprietary ATI drivers
> and ipw3945.  I am not even bothered about 3d acceleration but I couldn't
> get even the free Radeon 2d driver to work with my laptop....

For what ot's worth I use the VESA driver with my X1300 mobility card
(gives me not only better karma than the proprietary driver, but also
slightly longer battery life).
The only serious problem with it is that I can't seem to get the external
VGA connector to work (which I need when I do presentations: I guess I'll
have to configure the ATI driver for it at some point).

        Stefan