Re: Remote Application but local Data, how to accomplish!?

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 17:28 +0200, Rick Rocker wrote:
> Greg Folkert wrote:
> > sshfs. Look it up. Use it, love it. It is very very very
> > nice as a userland tool, once installed.
>
> Excuse me, if I not understand your answer but how does
> sshfs accomplish that a user starts a remote app and
> accesses local data/documents , please ?
>
> I looked it up - as you told me - on the web-site of sshfs.
> It is just an easy thing for scp.
> At least: It just "links" here (by mounting)
> to "data" there (filesystems).
> But I want a link from (within) the remote app to data _here_ .

Mount your local filesystem on the remote machine. The opposite of what
you are thinking.

So in other words, follow along.

You do in these:

        ssh -X -A remotemachine
        shfs -p localmachine $HOMEDIR/data_at_home
        cheese &

cheese being your remotely launched X application (cheese only
representative not actual). Cheese could be emacs or screem or some
other application.

Then just access your files as you would normally.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup