Re: a Debian user's introduction to Redhat EL4?

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 10:42:15PM +0200, Joe Hart wrote:

> Yes, I agree with you.  I don't think the Red Hat model is bad at all,
> thus my statement about not believing my conspiracy theory.  My question
> lies more in the anti-virus world than it does in the Linux world.
>
> I had no intention to bash Red Hat, and if you got that impression from
> my message, then you misinterpreted me, or I was not eloquent enough in
> the first place.  I have made it a policy not to say unkind things to
> people who do hard work, but I do express my opinions about said work.
>   There are a number of people who earn their living from support, and I
> will most likely be one of them in the near future.

I did not mean to imply that you were bashing RedHat.  I guess that my
email falls more into the category of a random diatribe.  I should have
snipped your words.

> I need to eat too, and the best way for me to earn a living is to live
> on the problems that other people have.  I can be thankful that the
> majority of the people in this world do not have a geeks mentality when
> it comes to their computer.  It is not an appliance like your DVD
> player, although many people treat it as such.  That is what I am
> counting on, because it creates a market for people like me and you.
>
> (And I am not calling you a geek Roberto, however much the statement
> above might imply it)

That's funny.  I am proud to be a geek!  Many people seem to dislike
that moniker.  Besides, ever since I read [0] about the difference in
income between a jock and a geek, I decided I liked being a geek :-)

Regards,

-Roberto

[0] http://members.ozemail.com.au/~lbrash/msjokes/joke31.html

--