Re: 4 GB Compact Flash as HD - DMA problems

On 3/24/07, Mirco Piccin <pictux@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, mine is a Sandisk Ultra II (60x / 66x). But i sincerely don't
understand, reading link you posted, what means "-201-00 and -201-80 parts"
- no one of the codes in CF or box seem match in any way (also in format:
-xxx-xx).

Hmm, probably article is outdated or related to something else, I just
checked my extreme3, box has some codes in dashed format, but they
also don't match. I don't believe 20MB/s would be possible without
DMA.

Some other page shows that actually Ultra2 have DMA:
http://www.hjreggel.net/cardspeed/speed-cards.html

So, you might check if your CF is original sandisk:
http://martybugs.net/articles/fakesandisk.cgi

I think it's better if i'll try with a faster memory (120x at least).
What do you think?

If you have options, you can check for compatibility actually, but as
stated above, your CF should already have DMA.

Anyway, having DMA is a good thing, as it reduces CPU overhead a lot,
and might be very important for embedded systems.

P.S. I'm just curious where do you get ATA cable for CF format? To my
knowledge, notebook ATA is not the same as CF (not sure about fullsize
ATA).

Regards,
Atis