Re: [OT] aargh.. the big swirl of offtopicness sucks me in, too. help!

Liam O'Toole wrote:
On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 23:37:58 -0600
Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Liam O'Toole wrote:

There is nothing OT about my contributions. This started as a
question of whether totalitarian regimes can tolerate diversity.
I have consistently been arguing that they can not.

AFAICT, everything you wrote is OT in regards to installing,
maintaining, and using Debian.

Mike

So it is. And you're reading messages way down deep in a thread
indicated as "[OT]" because ...?

I don't want to restart the discussion. However, to answer
your question

(1) The people who are high-level OT posters hijack threads
with decent content.

(2) People sometimes hijack threads which have drifted miserably
off-topic with another on-topic discussion.

I mentioned this before, that the way it is done here is making
it difficult just to delete threads. Also, when a thread has been
deleted, and more material arrives, then something which looks
deep to those participating in it pops to the top. That's what
I saw, a message at the top.

I responded to your message due to the extremity of your
statement, and how you obviously seem to think that being
OT in an OT thread is a bad thing, while being OT in a whole
mail echo is not.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.