Zorp Can't Open policy.boot

Under etch I can't seem to get zorp instances to start. I see the
following in syslog:

Error opening policy.boot file; file='${prefix}/share/zorp/policy.boot'

That error is repeated for each instance I'm trying to start.

Now, I don't know what ${prefix} is set to, but I'm thinking that it
must be either "/usr" or empty.  My system does have
/usr/share/zorp/policy.boot, and that file is world-readable.  I tried
creating /share/zorp/policy.boot as a copy of the /usr/share/zorp
version, but that didn't change anything.

Has anyone got zorp running under etch?