Re: Debian Installation on a cybercafe PC

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 02:14:10PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> Deboo ^ wrote:
> >which distro goes in to a USB stick?
>

> A quick Google came up with:
>
> >This open source project puts Live Linux distributions in packages
> >ready to load onto and boot from USB flash drives. This includes DSL
> >Embedded, Knoppix, PCLinuxOS, SLAX, MiniMe+ SLAX, and Ubuntu! Yes, you
> >can run Ubuntu easily from a USB key!
> http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/01/26/live-linux-on-usb/
>
> I'm sure there are several others also. My most recent Linux-on-a-Stick
> is SLAX, as my stick is only 256MB. Before that I had used DSL (IIRC) on
> a 64MB stick.

I'm missed the start of this particular conversation. Has anybody
mentioned grml (www.grml.org) and the Debian Live Project yet?
USB support in the latter is rather new and for me it took some
fiddling, but in the end it ran just like a real Debian (mostly).

 --j