Re: Please help to make a server accesible from the internet

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:22:12PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 02:27:51PM -0800, Jordi wrote:
> >
> > I have 2 computers: one with Xubuntu and the other with Windows XP.
> > The Xubuntu machine is connected to the router Thomson Speedtouch
> > 530v6 by ethernet card, and the Windows machine by USB.
>
> I see from a quick google that this device is an ADSL modem. Are you
> sure that it supports both connections simultaneously? It is not clear
> from my quick check of the website. And if it does support both
> connections simultaneously, do you have it configured this way?

I totally missed that.  I had a Speedtouch USB/Ethernet modem once.  You
are right that only one connection or the other works.

Jordi,

You will need to get a hub or a switch (or a cable/DSL router) in order
to use both machines on the network at the same time.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez