Re: No sound in Thinkpad Z61M after configuring ALSA

I know this thread is a bit old by now, but I noticed the "irq 66" in
your /dev/sndsat which looked odd (typo).  To get a similar machine
working here I had to `dpkg-reconfigure alsa-base`, and I noticed some
upgrades of that package which is now at 1.0.13-4.  alsamixer does not
offer me a head-phone slider here either.  And as an aside some of the
sliders have abnormally large initial values, but did not use of those
anyhow.

/Allan