Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

On Tuesday 06 February 2007 14:43, Michael Pobega wrote:
> I would hate to see a graphical installer for Debian. I think the curses
> installer does just fine, a graphical installer would only bring in
> people thinking that Debian is Windows.

The reason for having a graphical installer is that there currently is no way
to support some languages with just an ncurses based installer. I believe
this is the main reason why we have a graphical installer and why it is the
default in etch.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Save on Your Health Insurance
Compare multiple quotes to save with NetQuote's free service
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/MhtYWUi3OrSDJLW4Ajw4ZQGcBDNUOfixZxpxU/