Re: where is the bash documentation in info format ?

Markus.Grunwald@pruftechnik.com wrote:

until a few weeks ago, I was able to view the bash documentation in info format.

Where has the information gone and how can I get it back ?

It looks like another case of the Debian/GNU policy conflict. The acknowledgements that GNU insists remain attached to the doc are contrary to the letter of the DFSG, so the manual was removed. One hopes that bash-doc will find its way into the non-free repositories soon :(

Tyle