Re: An ftp question

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 14:48 +0100, Raffaele Morelli wrote:

>         Why you need to move these files via FTP? The mv/cp command
>         can help you.
>
> cp/mv ??? I am not really a guru... neverthless not a newbie
>
> My host is 300km far away.

What he means is, use the cp (copy) or mv (move) commands.

        "man cp" or  "man mv"

That will give you the info you desire to know.

Basically:

        "mv somefile /another/location/"
        or
        "cp somefile /another/location/"

Or many other variations that are available, from the man pages of these
programs.

I have done these commands with satisfactorily success either the host
being local or on another continent.

And your claim of not being a newbie, betrays you not knowing what "cp"
or "mv" mean in a *NIX environment. They are BASIC knowledge for any one
resembling any kind of *NIX knowledge.

You need to do some reading on the UNIX basics.

And no, this is not intended to be an insult.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux