Re: Newbie question: Exim - trouble receiving incoming emails

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Sackville-West" <andrew@farwestbilliards.com>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 8:10 AM
Subject: Re: Newbie question: Exim - trouble receiving incoming emails

No I was just asking. I'm just trying to figure out why I can send email
from my server and manually to it via telnet, but all other messages from
mail clients get rejected...

did you do this telnet from the server? or from a remote machine? if
you did it from the server, it will, of course, connect. again, can
you see the email you manually sent? does it show in the exim logs?
/var/log/exim4/mainlog

Yes I was emailing from remote machines. I tested sending directly from the remote server and from secondary mail clients that used the remote server.

Strangely all the messages are coming through now and I have no idea why. I wonder if my ISP updated its DNS info while I've been fiddling with my server, or have I just hit a magic button? :-)

Anyway it seems to be working now so thanks to you ( and the others ) for helping me troubleshoot this.

Cheers,

-Duncan