missing package in desktop installation?

Today I installed etch from the jan 2 netinstall snapshot.
It worked, with only one glitch (which should be fixed).

I went into expert mode, and mostly specified the defaults.
This left me installing the base system and a desktop (specified
in the dselect phase of the installer.)

But when I booted into the new system, X wouldn't com up, and complained
that it could not load modules 'kbd' or 'mouse' because "module does not
exist"

starting aptitude and installiny packages
   xserver-xorg-input-kbd
and
   xserver-xorg-input-mouse

fixed the problem.  Surely the installer should have installed these
itself?

-- hendrik