Re: CUPS Configuration

Well, IPP worked great with my Ubuntu notebook. Thanks Roberto. But, it crashed each time I wanted to install driver of my HP printers (Canon worked fine). I think there is something wring with drivers (bug) because printers have been detected. I decided to use SAMBA for printer sharing between Windows machines. For those who might have similar problem:

I fixed the problem by modifying /etc/samba/smb.conf and adding following lines to it:

[global]
  printcap name = cups
  printing = cups
  security = share
[printers]
  browseable = yes

other parts of this file should be unchanged.

Have fun,

D.