Re: Default boot from Windows

rocky wrote:

> Hey,
>
> My Dell Inspiron 2200 laptop is a dual boot system. I think I'm using
> grub not lilo. Right not the defaul boot Operating system is Debian
> Sid. Recently I need to use flash quite often therefore I want to
> configure my computer's defaut boot Operation System to become Windows
> XP. Can any of you tell me how could I achieve this please?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!
> Rocky
 Edit /boot/grub/menu.lst

one of the first lines is:

default 0

0 means the first entry of the menu. Count the number of menu entries in
menu.lst until you get to the Windows line (don't forget to start counting
from 0)

Assign your count to 'default' instead of 0.

Jan

--
** Do NOT use the reply-to address. You'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: jan A.T schledermann D0T org