Re: I recieve spam "Debian security."

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 08:28 +1000, Pascal Hakim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 03:28:14PM +0700, Surachai Locharoen wrote:
> > Where this spam come form?
> >
> > <snip spam>
>
> That's what we call the petsupermaket spammer.
>
> It seems to be replying to most people who post on debian-devel,
> debian-user and sometimes some of our other lists.
>
> We haven't been able to match a subscriber to this, and it's not
> happening all the time. If anyone can find something that makes is
> consistently go off, please let us at listmaster@lists.debian.org, it'd
> be quite helpful, as we haven't figured it out yet.
>
> It went away for a while two months ago or so and recently came back.
>
> We have been trying to reach someone at the ISP, but it doesn't appear
> we've had much luck so far. We're trying to avoid having to take some
> more drastic measures.

I just today sent in the full mail I got from the Samba User mail list,
to listmaster@lists.debian.org

I am wondering if you and samba-owner@lists.samba.org could maybe get
together and discover a common subscription.

It just started with the past 2 days.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, Better, Faster: Linux

Use Debian GNU/Linux, its a bazaar thing

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the
National Security Agency may have read this email
without warning, warrant, or notice, and certainly
without probable cause. They may do this without
any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no
recourse nor protection.