Re: ASP.NET on Debian

Øyvind Lode wrote:
Hello all!

http://www.mono-project.com/ASP.NET

Anyone on the list have some experience with mod_mono on Apache2 on Debian?
Does it work well?

I've used XSP and XSP2 some with success. XSP seems to work quite well, and since its the engine behind mod_mono, I would expect good things from mod_mono as well.

However, XSP2 (ASP.NET 2.0) still has a ways to go.

Some of my users have asked me to install this module to support ASP.NET on my webserver.

Be careful with letting a large number of users run ASP.NET applications as I've heard reports of mod_mono/XSP slowly eating more and more memory without freeing it. I think this is because Mono uses a very conservative garbage collector which should be improved in the near future.

Good luck,
Michael Schurter