Re: Can't start X

Mike Smith wrote:
> -Etch
> -haven't checked yet, I know I have an Intel 810 video card.
> -with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
> (I tried both the i810 and vesa drivers, with and without fb.)

OK.  You still have not provided the output of lspci (that would be
helpful).  What about the contents of XFree86.0.log?

> Hmm, someone needs to get rid of that stupid bot.

I hope you don't mean to imply that I am a bot (because I am not).  If
by my asking a few simple questions to ascertain exactly what is going
on with your system, you think that I am a bot, then perhaps you should
read http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html.  The short of
it is asking smart and detailed questions will get you smart and
detailed replies.  Asking vague questions will get you more vague
questions in return.  We are not psychics, after all.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto