Re: super block error

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:17:27 -0800
L.V.Gandhi <lvgandhi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/16/06, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:45:37 -0800
> > L.V.Gandhi <lvgandhi@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I get msg while booting as
> > > superblock last mount time is in the future FIXED
> > > superblock last write time is in the future FIXED
> > > What does it signify? If something wrong how to fix it?
> >
> > what kernel? what version of e2fsprogs ?
> >
> > there was a problem a little while back with e2fsprogs getting confused if the hardware clock wasn't in GMT.
>
>  am using local time.
>
> lvgdell600m:~# uname -a
> Linux lvgdell600m 2.6.15.20060311 #1 Sat Mar 11 15:57:59 PST 2006 i686 GNU/Linux
> lvgdell600m:~# dpkg -l|grep e2fsprogs
> ii  e2fsprogs                           1.38+1.39-WIP-2005.12.31-1
> ext2 file system utilities and libraries
> lvgdell600m:~#

I think this was the version of e2fsprogs that caused the problem. though its not really an e2fsprogs problem, but some kind of breakage in glibc and util-linux. I don't know if its been solved or not, but one work-around is to set your hardware clock to UTC time and change UTC=no to UTC=yes in /etc/default/rcS.

look here http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/01/msg00170.html for more information.