Re: "alsaconf" successful. No sound!

At 1141796294, Scott wrote:
> Well just because many aren't happy with the default muted setting in
> ALSA doesn't mean we'd prefer full-blast either.   And just for
> clarification, this isn't a Debian issue. It's an ALSA issue.  The
> same problem persists on other distros as well (I can speak
> specifically to Fedora Core for example).

Has anyone who cares enough submitted this to ALSA's bug tracking
system[1]? It hasn't caught me out (yet) so I haven't, and you need to
sign up for a login just to browse their bugs it seems, so I haven't
checked...

I do think that would be the best place to suggest setting the default
to 10%, venting one's frustration, etc.

[1] https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/login_page.php

--
Jon Dowland