Re: !

I am trying to learn more about the Marinus VanPopering family that arrived in New York from the Netherlands in 1852.  Although there were at least two VanPopering families that settled in Sayville and West Sayville, I am interested most in the Dutch origin of Marinus (b. 1814) and his son Dingeman (Dingman) born in 1846 or 1847).

Does the library have resources that might help me?  If there is reference material, I would be most willing to pay the cost of search, reproduction and mailing.

Most sincerely,

Andrew M. Hendry