Re: dumb question about mounting iso file as loop device....

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 12:43:11AM +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:
>      # mount -o loop woody-i386-1.iso /mnt
>
> What does this mean?
> Do you have to move the iso file to the /mnt directory and then run this
> mount command?

No. It mounts the iso image into /mnt (as if it were a real CD, for
example). The iso image can be anywhere on your file system.

> Also what I want to do is to take the iso file for the DVD image of Etch
> and make CD images from it.....

It should be enough to just do this then:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso

...where 'image.iso' is the file name of the ISO file you want to burn.
You'll need to install the dvd+rw-tools package, first.

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Dwerryhouse                                | PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584
A look at Ubuntu Server Edition: