Re: Totem xine problem in Debian Etch with KDE.

Hi Sven,

On 12/18/06, Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-12-17 at 21:38 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
> ""$ totem %U
> Creating link /home/user/.kde/socket-bifrost.
> can't create mcop directory"
>
> How do I solve this? It seems like some sort of simlink issue.

An uneducated guess is that arts (the KDE sound server) is running or
otherwise detected by Totem. See if you can uninstall it, or purging the
configuration files from your home directory.

Otherwise, the quick fix seems to be to simply create that directory.
http://beranger.org/index.php?fullarticle=1378

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson