mutt an message encoded utf-8

Hello,
I encountered a problem to display an html mail encoded utf-8 with mutt.
In commande line mutt doesn't display correctly the letters with
accents.
If, before to run mutt I do: unicode_start in the terminal, mutt
displays correctly the letters with accents, but the links binding the
messages belonging to the same thread disappears.
Is there a way to make mutt able to display correctly the letters with
accents and the links binding the messages of the same thread ?

The same problem happens with mc which doesn't work fine in a terminal
utf-8.

tia
--
Géérard