Re: odd error with jigdo,,,

From: Alan Ianson <alianson@shaw.ca>
To: Michael Fothergill <mikef20000@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: odd error with jigdo,,,
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 07:50:53 -0800

On Sun, 2006-17-12 at 14:02 +0000, Michael Fothergill wrote:
> Dear Debian folks,
>
> I have been using jigdo to download the Etch RC1 first DVD image. It worked
> OK until my internet connection was interrupted.
>
> I fired it up again according the instuctions but no matter which ftp or
> http server site you put in for it to look for files to download I always
> get the same error message:
>
> 404 not found.....
>

> --02:04:39--
> http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gamin/gamin_0.1.7-4_i386.deb
>            =>
> `debian-testing-i386-binary-1.iso.tmpdir/ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gamin/gamin_0.1.7-4_i386.deb'
> Connecting to ftp.uk.debian.org|83.142.228.128|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
> 02:04:39 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>
> It does this over and over again very quickly repeating the aboce output.
>
> It always connects on each server but always apparently can't find any of
> the files.  I think the files are there and the servers are working.
>
> Something is wrong at my end...
>
> jigdo sees the jigdo file for the DVD image and reads it in OK as far as I > can see. I press return to get past the CD/DVD scan because I am not using
> it.
>

> Suggestions welcome here

How old it that .jigdo file? I had a look at packages.debian.org and I
don't see a gamin for stable and only a 1.8+ for testing/unstable. You
may need a newer .jigdo file.

It's OK. I fired it up again and it eventually found a US site that seems to have cheered it up and got it going again.

Thanks for the help.

Think you're a film buff? Play the Movie Mogul quiz and win fantastic prizes! http://www.msnmoviemogul.com