Intel D915GEV board problem

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone else has problems with Debian on this board?
I have Etch installed.  About three out of four boots hang at random.
What happens is it starts normally, but somewhere in the boot proccess
the display gets corrupted and the machine hangs.  Doesn't happen at the
same place every time.

When I installed it had kernel 2.6.16 from the CD, I upgraded to 2.6.17,
and more recently to 2.6.18 - no effect.
I've disabled all the but absolute necessary onboard devices, disabled
HT, all with no effect.

The rest of the hardware is pretty standard - 3GHz P4, 2GB DDR2-533 RAM,
IDE disc.  I've noticed also that it sometimes doesn't bring up eth0, so
to eliminate prossible problems I disabled the rubbish onboard LAN
(Marvel - why on earth do Intel not use their own controllers???) and
put a know_to_be_good Realtek card in, also with no apparent effect.

Anyone seen this?

Thanks
Hans