Re: VCD no go with MPlayer.

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 11:05 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:
> OK, I have changed this in both .mplayer/config and
> /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf MPlayer at the command line seems to be
> working fine now, but my problems with MPlayer in the GUI is still the
> same. In GUI I still get the following:
>
> "Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device."

Having read up on the GUI, it seems like a second configuration file is
needed, gui.conf. I also think the options, video_out etc, can be
adjusted in the GUI, in Preferences?

You can also check /etc/mplayer/ for a system wide gui.conf, copy it to
~/.mplayer/ and make the necessary changes.

> > Most of the stuff in the configuration file isn't necessary but can be
> > useful. For example, the below two lines I use to set the default
> > languages when playing DVD movies. This will first try english then
> > swedish for subtitles and trying japanese, english and last swedish for
> > audio.
> >
> > slang= en,sv
> > alang= ja,en,sv
>
> Sooo, for Danish, is that "da" or "dk"?

Not sure, but if you play a DVD from the command line MPlayer will list
all the available languages somewhere in the output.

> While I am able to play audio CDs and MP3 files with the sound being
> fine, and my system sounds working properly, there doesn't seem to be
> any sound in Flash. I don't know if this is related to the MPlayer
> issue, but I just thought I would mention it as it might be relevant.

I think it's a similar problem, Flash needs to be told to use the sound
server. I'm not really sure how to configure Flash as I don't use it
myself.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson