Re: flashplayer9?

Kent West wrote:
You probably still have the ver7 .so in one of the plugins paths for Firefox. Do a "locate libflashplayer.so" and rename/move any that you aren't confident is the v.9 version out of any relevant plugins directories.
I used locate to find all the libflashplayer.so's. Most are symlinks to the /usr/lib/Mozilla/plugin directory where the real .so is.

On an aside, I tried a beta of 9; audio would often lock into a repeating stutter, but someone pointed me to a more recent beta, and most of the audio problems went away. But there were still enough irritations that I've gone back to 7, and when I come across a site that needs 9, more often than not, that site loses my eyeballs. Occasionally I'll quickly flip over to 9 (I just rename-swap the 7 and 9 versions of the file and restart FF).

I tried FF on a site[0] that worked with the v.7 plugin. The v.9 plugin was called (obviously as it's the only one on my system now) but there was no sound.

[0] http://www.wirral-mbc.gov.uk/Vikings/storyindex.shtml (all the scenes open into full page flash objects.)

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.