Re: debian on an NAS server

On Thu, 2006-12-14 at 08:23 -0800, Tom Brown wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 December 2006 23:26, Tom Brown wrote:
> > During boot I hit
> > F2 to get to a menu which allows me to select the BIOS setup. It was
> > there I setup the first boot device to be the network. However, what I
> > missed in the menu was the option for re-installation. I need to select
> > that and everything should work correctly. I am going to try that first
> > thing tomorrow. I'll let the list know how it works out.
>
> Well, I tried using the re-installation option from the F2 menu. It didn't
> help. I still get PXELINUX to download and execute, but when it comes to
> booting the kernel, it fails. Back to google for me. Or maybe Dell as someone
> suggested.
Sorry for your problems, but I'd have to have one in front of me to get
it to work. On thing I have never used (the whole Powervault series for
example) its tough for me to finger the problems or to get the proper
working targets.

I know, it sucks, but one you get it done, document it. That way others
won't have such a hard time doing the same or similar things.

I live in Michigan, so unless you are close to Grand Rapids... I'd have
to say my odds of figuring out your conundrum is about nil.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux