Re: Scilab in etch ?

Markus.Grunwald@pruftechnik.com wrote:
>> Scilab is not free software [1] and therefore cannot be included in
>>  debian proper, ever. Unless they change their license.
>
> Ah, I see. Ok, but it once was in sarge, if I remember correctly and it is
> in unstable now (http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/scilab.html). Have
> they recently changed the license ?

Probably not. All *you* probably want to know is on that link:

- there are release critical bugs (doesn't build on alpha platform)
- etch is frozen, packages may only enter at the discretion of the
release managers.

> Confused,

Sorry, if I confused you. By 'debian' proper I mean the 'main archive'.
Scilab was/will be in 'non-free'.

Johannes