Re: Xen smp

On lør, desember 9, 2006 00:46, Sturla Holm Hansen wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez skrev:
>> On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 09:15:56PM +0100, Sturla Holm Hansen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi list.
>>> I'm running Xen under Etch and running an instance of Etch under Xen,
>>> the
>>> host is showing two cpu's but the guest does not...
>>> Is smp not supported in the xen-package in Etch or am I doing something
>>> wrong?
>>>

>> Did you assigne the guest to more than one CPU in your configuration?
>> Is the guest running an SMP kernel?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> -Roberto
>>
> Hmmm, I just used the standard scripts with Etch, thanx a lot though, I
> had overlooked the fact that I had to specify the number of cpu's in the
> config.
> Again, thanx for the tip :)
>
> Sturla

On to another problem though: I was having trouble booting the domu's the
second time, Device 2049 (vbd) could not be connected, and I found a tip
about increasing the number of loop-devices, so I added "modprobe loop
max_devices=64" in /etc/init.d/xend and went on to the next problem:
The first domu starts like a charm, so does the next for a couple of
seconds before I get a kernel panic about something not syncing (I only
have a couple of seconds to read it before the blasted thing reboots)

I noticed that the 64 loop devices turns up in /dev/, not in /dev/loop/
(where there's still a 0) don't know if it's supposed to be that way
though...

Does anyone have a clue about this, and if not can tell med the correct
way of increasing the number of loop-devices?

Thanx

Sturla