Wastebasket in Gnome - Where is it?

I tried to delete about a gazillion files from my user's wastebasket
in Gnome. I didn't have permission to delete some of the files, and I
could only see a "skip" button on the error message dialog. There was
no "skip all" button. I wasn't about to sit there and click "skip" a
thousand times, so I thought I'd just empty the wastebasket for that
user as root.

However, I can't determine where in the file system each user's
wastebasket folder is kept. I looked in myuser/Desktop, but I didn't
see it.

Any idea where it is at?

Scott Huey