Re: Hardware: Dynex DX-M300 USB external modem works OK?

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 16:02 -0500, rs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could anyone confirm if Dynex DX-M300 USB external modem
> ( http://www.dynexproducts.com/pc-31-5-56k-v92-usb-external-datafax-modem.aspx ) works OK with Debian?
>
> Thanks

Well, a quick look at the Quick-Install PDF says it is a:
	"Soft56K Data Fax Voice CARP"

In part 3. of the DX-M300 Manual.

Plus, I just D/L'd the Drivers, it is a conexant chipset modem, highly
suspicious it won't work. So my gut answer is no. Anyone is free to
prove me wrong.

If you want a USB POTS Modem, get a USB Serial Port dongle, then get a
Fully Serial Modem. It is very tough to make an External modem with a
(real) Serial port a "Winmodem" and still be capable of v.92.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux