Re: New PC, new install, new problems!

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 10:49:33AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Truer words were never spoken, but...
> It is extremely difficult to get before the purchase answers of more
> recent mobo's. E.g. try to get a Linux perspective from any of the
> hundreds of boards available thru NewEgg.
>
> You end up in an unending search of mobo manufacturers forums to see if
> anyone said anything about Linux. When you find an answer... the mobo is
> no longer available.
>
> The Linux databases that *are* available are almost always for stuff
> that is outdated.
>
> I'd like to hear of just one example of a recent mobo that is discussed
> anywhere from a Linux perspective.

Before I bought my Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, I found a discussion related to
it somewhere using google.  I don't think the discuss was about wheter
it would work with linux but on some other matter.  However, it was
clear from the discussion that linux was running on it.

So now I have it and everything seems hunky dory.  Although I haven't
tried sound yet.

Doug.