Re: UNdelete ???

Samuel Bächler wrote:
>> Which filesystem?
>

> I am using ext3. I do not understand why this matters.

It depends, what information of your files is actually overwritten.
Ususally for performence not every bit of the file is overwritten
instantly, when a file is deleted. Then the part that's not overwritten
could be recovered. It depends on the filesystem you use, how much of a
file is instantly overwritten when issuing 'rm'. Obviously, the more
information is instantly overwritten, the more difficult/impossible it
becomes to restore a given deleted file.

That's why it matters. If you are more interested, you could just search
'undelete ext3' or similar on google...

Johannes