Re: Installing Debian

Philippe Faure wrote:
> I was wondering, instead of burning a CD for a one time install. Was there
> a way to copy the minimal files (OS, and networking) to a floppy disk and
> then run the rest of the install from there? This would
> 1- not require to burn a CD to install Debian
> 2- You woudl download only the apps that you wanted.

This is exactly, how debian works. There are many different installation
methods, so you are free to choose the one that is most efficient for
your needs.

Just go to the download page for the installer
http://www.de.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/
where you will find documentation in form of Installation manuals, faq
and wiki as well as the necessary files for installation from CD, via
netboot, usb stick, floppy, tape, etc.

I'm sure you will find what you want.

Johannes