Re: Need to remove a ghost file, but can't because it doesn't exist

On 2006-11-15 @ 12:25:25 (week 46) Ken Irving wrote:

> See if find sees the file, e.g.,
>
>     find -name 11419\*
>
> and if it does, then something like
>
>     find -name 11419\* -exec rm {} \;
>
> or
>     find -name 11419\* -exec mv {} somename \;
>
> if you'd like to have a look at it.

Tried to use find before the first post, but that gave me the same error
as ls. I am beginning to think something has gone awry within the
filesystem itself (ReiserFS).

> There might be a problem with special characters in the name getting
> fouled up when the shell interprets it.  If so, it might be possible to
> use rm if you escape those characters.

Thought of that too, but as you can see in my other post there's nothing
special about the filename.

I think it is time for me to brush of the fsck manpage and start
reading...

Thanks for your help.

Grx HdV