Re: Debian on new Macs with Intel CPU?

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 00:40 +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> If it installs properly, then my guess is you should be able to install grub
> which should be able to boot osX (you may need to hack to variables). Maybe the
> mac program to dual boot windows will also work here.

It's not that simple.  The new Macs, like the old ones, don't have the
PC style BIOS but use EFI.  Grub, as far as I know, doesn't do EFI yet.
There is a EFI enabled lilo though, called "elilo."  Apple has released
a tool called Bootcamp, that allowes you to install WindowsXP (heaven
knows why they had to go do that), which adds a PC-style boot
record/partition table, and allows it Windows to boot.  That's the
starting point.

There are some howtos already for getting linux to boot on it too.

Hans