Re: Trouble browsing secure web sites (scotiaonline.com)

Alan Ianson wrote:

> I find etch (and even sid) very usable at the moment. OOo 2.0.4 seems to be
> working well reading/saving to/from different formats.

I've been using Sid on my desktops for years and have had
relatively few problems. Admittedly it does break sometimes, but
not that often (1-2 times a year max). This risk can be further
reduced by being careful about upgrading and keeping an eye on
debian-users. The only time I've ever had to reinstall was when I
hosed my system through my own stupidity.

That said, don't run Sid unless you are able to fix it if it
breaks on you.

Etch, on the other hand, has fewer serious problems but more
small problems which are mainly due to the fact that it takes so
long for fixes to propagate down from Sid.

For example, I had to live with a broken version of rtorrent on
my home server for a few weeks after the problem was fixed in Sid
- little things like that.

Best regards,

--
George Borisov