Re: inode spike issue.

I figured out what was doing it.

It was the /etc/cron.daily/find script which is installed to update the updatedb database.

I wouldn't think this would slow the system down but I've sure noticed a difference.

Is there a command that will give inode stats.. for example open inodes, inode table size.

Should the number of open inodes affect performance?